Friday, April 6, 2012

Still stunningly beautiful






Kus Kus came into my life as an adult, with half a tail. I couldn’t be sure what had happened to him while living on the street, yet I guess somebody cut half of his tail off. He was but a shadow of his current self then – bone-thin and dirty, fearful and wary of people.

It didn’t take him long to mellow out and become cuddly and sweet with me. He’s still generally distrustful of unfamiliar people and approaches only those he finds likeable. Although he tolerates other cats he is not very friendly. He refuses to eat in the company of other kitties, so I feed him separately.

It’s been almost 15 years since Kus Kus arrived. He now has FUS and some dental problems, but is easy-going, calm, affectionate and handsome to boot. Safe at my shelter, he is always displaying his love bug personality. He rarely ever gets into mischief and behaves well even at the vet's. It’s hard to imagine that so many years have passed by since I first saw him. He is a senior now, but the sparkle in his beautiful eyes is still the same…

1 comment:

Angela P said...

He is beautiful and what a survivor! :-)