Sunday, November 27, 2011

Such a change of heart







Kasper was the last cat I took from Etela’s burnt shelter near Backa Topola. When I went to the site of the fire for the first time he was up there somewhere on the remains of the roof, unapproachable and uncatchable. My second try to trap him was also in vain. It was not until the third time that I finally caught him. He was struggling like a wild beast, scratching and biting, he almost broke out of his carrier, he was growling and hissing at me – it was very dramatic.

I took him to the vet immediately to have him castrated in the hope that he would calm down and brought him to my shelter. He spent the night in his carrier. You cannot imagine my surprise when I heard him purring the next morning! As soon as he got out of his carrier he began to rub his head against my hand, to snuggle and cuddle with me, as though as he knew that he was finally safe. It was such an incredible change!

So Kasper’s new life has begun. He’s affectionate toward everyone he meets and gets along perfectly with all other cats, showing no aggression. He still follows me through the shelter and cuddles all the time, cute as candy. His favorite sleeping spot is in a treetop.

1 comment:

Angela P. said...

Bless your shelter and Danica and helpers!